Sunday, August 29, 2010

Wish List

I always have something that I want to add my photo kit, but with a couple of school aged kids, there always seems to be higher priorities looking to drain my bank account.  I thought I'd use this space to keep a running list of the things that I'd like to ad to my kit, so when the chance (and funding) comes along I can come back to pick something.

Camera's
Casio High Speed Exlim point and shoot EX-FC100WE - $255.00
This little point and shoot camera gets high marks for its high speed HD video allowing for slow motion playback of your videos. 


Accessories
Manfrotto Tripod Head - 88.00
I have a Manfrotto ball head, but I don't like it much.  I'd like to use the video capabilities of my D300s more, but I find that the format of a large DSLR isn't ver condusive to smooth video.  And a ball head is useless for video.  I want something that will allow for independant pan and tilt functions and I think this one will do it.

Kata E-702 Elements Cover - $60.00
When the rain starts to fall my camera quickly gets tucked away.  This cover would allow me to shoot in adverse conditions.

Nikon SB-900 Speedlite - $500
I love the Nikon CLS.  I already own two SB-600's.  I've been in a couple of stuations where it would have been really nice to have a third lite.  I'd love to have a third souce, and while an SB-600 would be ok, an SB-900 is more powerful and more flexible.

Muslin
I'm finding myself increasingly in need of undistracting backgrounds. I'm adding black and white muslins to the wish list along with a background stand.  A minimum of 10x20 for each, but even larger, such as a 10-24 would be better.  I can already think of situations where two stands would be valuable, but I'd be happy to have one setup for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment