Sunday, August 8, 2010

Challenge #8: Sky High

We were driving out to Cochrane, AB just west of Calgary to see my nephew and his new wife when my son spotted this huge nest on top of the tower.  Were stopped and I snapped a few frames of the nest but never got a good shot of the hawk, despite all of the noise she was making. 



When I turned around I saw this sunset and thought it would be nice to capture both the nest and the sunset, but that wasn't going to happen.  In order to get that shot I'd have to be standing in a mosquito infested bog.  So, I fired the shot of the next tower towards the sunset and pasted the nest in from one of my previous shots.  Not terribly artistic, nor was it challenging but it was quick, simple and it worked.

I printed this to Ilford Galerie Smooth Heavyweight Matte paper.  I'm learning that I'm not much of a matte finish fan.  Luster is about as far away from glossy as I seem to want to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment