Sunday, August 8, 2010

Challenge #10: Best Friend

It's hard to believe that I've been doing the Photo Friday challenge with Conrad for 10 weeks already.  That means that we've met and critiqued each others work over at least 4 or maybe five beers now.  I'm enjoying the challenges, although I have to admit that I've not been feeling particularly creative lately and I think the quality of my work demonstrates that.



Best Friend was an easy shoot for me.  Shot the morning the challenge was issued, my son ended up climbing into my bed with his blankets and his best buddy 'Snowy'.  Before leaving for work I checked my Blackberry for this week's challenge and looked back at my bed.... it was a no-brainer.

I put a little more effort into the post production of this shot than I have on my last few shots.  A tight crop to the faces of 'the boys', some adjustments to the brightness and contrast to get the shadows to fall off quickly,  the application of some filters (charcoal and chalk to give the image just a hint of a sketched look, and some blur to soften things up a bit.  I printed the image on Ilford Galerie Smooth Fine Art paper which worked well for this shot.  Best Friend - done.  Next!

No comments:

Post a Comment