Monday, September 6, 2010

Challenge #13: Warm

I'm tardy completing this challenge.  I wasn't terribly motivated over this one for some reason.  It wasn't until we were invited out visit Conrad and his family at their campsite in Banff National Park that I was inspired.  I was sitting in front of a campfire at the time so it wasn't much of a stretch.  I tried a few different kinds of shots, including a couple of night shots that didn't work well, but I liked this one the best.  It's simple, but it captures my boy having fun with fire in the forest. 



This is a compilation of two images.  The first image makes up much of the frame and was a pseudo-HDR shot.  I liked the shot, but the fire was more dramatic in another shot, so I used a mask in Photoshop and brought the more interesting flames into the scene.  A little perspective adjustment to remove most of the convergence created by the Nikon 10-24mm lens and that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment