Thursday, June 17, 2010

So Here I Go...

I created this blog because I need a place to store what I've learned about what I'm doing.  What I'm  doing is working with images.

I've long been interested in photography.  I was the president of the school camera club in grade nine.  I had my own darkroom, worked in a pro photo lab in high school and dabbled off and on with photography for years.  I somehow lost my passion for photography over the years, but whenever I'd pick up a camera, I'd always ponder over the possibilities of what could be caught on film (and later silicon).

I recently re-kindled my passion for photography.  Over the last few years I've dedicated more of my time to shooting and, recently, to post production of my images.  I've invested in some technology (yeah, I know equipment doesn't make the image, the photographer does - whatever) and have taken some courses at SAIT to help further my skills.

I've made a friend who share this passion and we've entered into a friendly weekly challenge to encourage both of us to shoot and use what we've learned in our classes.  The challenge is based on the Photo Friday website.  This website issues a weekly challenge (on Fridays, oddly enough).  The challenge is simple - interpret what the challenge means to you and shoot/produce it.

We've completed three challenges so far.  They were 'Arranged', 'Aqua' and 'Heavy'.  I'm learning with each image that I produce, and I welcome Conrad's input, both positive and negative, and look forward to our critiques shared over a pint or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment