Thursday, June 24, 2010

Challenge #4: Stand Out

This has been a busy week and I've not had a lot of time to devote to this weeks challenge, but I'm trying to keep within the simple guidelines that we established at the onset; Shoot the shot and process it during the week of the challenge.

I proudly present the 2010 Hornet Bantam Girls lacrosse team.  They won their City Championship series against the Sabrecats 2 games to 1.  Well done girls!! Champions definitely 'stand out' and so does the girl in the green jersey.


This week's shot was my first real foray into on camera flash bounce.  I used a Honl bounce on my speedlight.  This was a rushed setup and I'm not really pleased with the outcome.  I'll have to play with it a lot more to get things working the way I would like.  While there's not a lot of specular light in the shot, I was hoping to get more out of the speedlight for this shot.  I'm looking forward to playing with speedlights and Nikon's creative lighting system a lot more.

I printed (most of) this photo on Ilford Galerie Classic Pearl paper.  I didn't like the way the photo appeared on this paper.  It's somewhat similar to Inkpress's Luster paper.  It may be a profile issue, but the image appears darker than it should.

No comments:

Post a Comment